Tips for Landscaping your Pittsburgh HomeJune 25, 2018
Home Preparation for a Productive New Year!December 11, 2018
We have all heard that homes sell better at one time of year than another. Although there are times when homes sell more quickly, in the Pittsburgh real estate market homes sell any time of the year. When selling your home in a slower market, preparation is the key to a successful sale.
The good news is that buyer’s who are out looking for homes in the fall and winter are serious buyers. We tend to see less “tire kickers” this time of year.
So, you may be asking, what should I do to prepare my home for sale? Here are some of our recommendations to help you obtain a quicker sale:
- Be sure to keep the exterior maintained. Make sure the leaves are raked, too many leaves in the yard may make the potential buyer feel the yard maintenance is overwhelming. Also, be sure to clean up your summer plants that have started dying off and cut the lawn if needed.
- Plant some seasonal flowers. Bring color and curb appeal to your home with some beautiful fall flowers. Spruce up the curb appeal and bring interest to your home.
- Store your summer furniture and toys but try to keep your patios and decks inviting to potential buyers.
- Decorating your home for the season without going overboard helps to make it feel inviting. You could add fall decorations, set the dining room table for a Thanksgiving dinner, or add fall scents with potpourri or scented candles or air fresheners. Be careful not to over decorate though. Buyers may be distracted by too many decorations.
- Light the fireplace (if you can leave it unattended), set up a cozy reading nook with books and soft throws, and bring in homey scents by boiling cinnamon sticks or baking cookies to create a desirable atmosphere.
- Many showings may happen in the evenings when it is dark outside. Check to see where you may need to add some additional lighting, so the buyers can see well in every room.
- A quick coat of paint will go a long way! Evaluate your rooms to determine if you should do any painting before putting your home on the market.
- A thorough cleaning is a must! Clean and dust every area of the home and make it sparkle.
- Don’t forget to clean the gutters to prevent any overflow or leaking on a rainy day.
- Have your heating system checked and cleaned. You may find there is a problem that needs to be addressed before a buyer has an inspection.
We would be happy to walk through your home with you and advise you on the items you should do prior to putting your home on the market. Doing these things before listing will make a huge difference in your marketing time.
“A winning effort begins with preparation” ~ Joe Gibbs
We can help you strategize on the preparation of your home this Fall season. We will guide you through
the home selling process for a successful sale. Call Julie at 412-352-8941 or Nancy at 412-480-6423 for a free consultation. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Visit our website at www.TheSniderGrp.com.